April 19, 2021

Premier League

Premier League Passion

Report: Man United 0-0 Man City

3 min read
premier league

The Manchester Derby tie between United and City, which was hosted at Old Trafford, this Saturday evening, was decided in the top of the 12th round of the English Premier League.

With that result, Manchester United raised its tally to 20 points in seventh place, and City also raised its tally to 19 points in eighth place.

The first attempt came in the 11th minute, after Lindelöf lifted a cross from a corner kick, hitting a header that McTominay tried to follow on the far post, but it got off to a goal kick.

And Lindelöf sent a through ball by the midfield in the 18th minute, and it reached Fernandez inside the penalty area, who tried to hit the ball directly, but his shot went weak in Ederson’s hand.

City formed his first risk in the match in the 25th minute, after Jesus received a tip from Mahrez inside the penalty area, to hit a ball that went over the crossbar.

Manchester United reappeared, rising from defender Harry Maguire, to a corner kick by Luke Shaw, with a header just above the bar.

And from a quick counter-attack from City in the 35th minute, led by Jesus, and the ball reached De Bruyne, who passed a wonderful ball to Mahrez, who in turn fired a ball that was blocked by De Gea, and Kevin followed it with a shot over the crossbar.

Manchester United continued to rely on corner kicks, after Lindelöf lifted a cross in the 40th minute, hitting a header that went over the bar, to end the first half with a goalless draw.

With the start of the second half, Manchester United got a penalty kick in the 47th minute, after Rashford was handicapped by Walker, but the referee changed his decision, after returning to the VAR, due to an offside case.

Greenwood penetrated the right side of the penalty area in the 52nd minute, and shot a ball that passed next to the post, followed by Rashford with a shot from the left side of the penalty area this time, which also passed next to the post.

Fernandinho tried to surprise Spanish goalkeeper David de Gea, with a shot from the edge of the penalty area in the 60th minute, but his ball passed next to the post.

Guardiola made the first substitution for City in the 66th minute, by descending Torres at the expense of Mahrez, while Solskjaer pushed his first card in the 74th minute by descending Martial at the expense of Greenwood.

Then City dominated the ball more, but without forming any threat, and after a period of calm, Fernandes fired once from the borders of the penalty area in the 88th minute, ended easilly in Ederson’s hands.

In the 90th minute, Bruno hit a ball from outside the penalty area that passed next to the post, and Rodrigo followed it with a weak shot from inside the area, which De Gea caught easily, to end the meeting with a goalless draw.